[Gta04-owner] Keyboard for GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Mar 15 13:41:39 CET 2012

Am 15.03.2012 um 12:09 schrieb Gennady Kupava:

> Hi, Nicolaus,
>
> Actually detached keyboard is almost useless for phone. It is not

Well, the idea is not a detached keyboard but a detachable (so that
it simplifies mechanical construction).

> possible to use it any conditions expect then phone lays on some surface
> and you not holding it.
>
> This is because if you using one hand to hold phone, you have one one
> hand free. Holding and using keyboard with one hand is not possible.

And why not add some hooks or joints so that you can clip together both
parts after detaching them?

> Before implementing such detached keyboard, buy bluetooth one in shop
> and try it - you'll find it completely useless :)

I have some and just don't like the feeling of the keys.

> So, keyboard on phone should be build-in and usable... and i don't know
> how should look something better than keyboard on n900.

Well, we can't build a n900 keyboard... But we can work on
something that comes closer than no keyboard at all.

> If gta04 have hw keyboard, i buy it immediately as a every-day phone.
> Linux has excellent set of command-line tools and it's a crime not to
> have a hw keyboard on linux device.

This are all good arguments to discuss with the team. Maybe someone
suddently has the inspiration.

Nikolaus