Advance OpenStreetMap surveying with GTA04?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sun Mar 18 13:34:23 CET 2012

Mayeul Kauffmann <mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr> writes:
> A few words on the project: 80-day mapping party, hiking, crossing the
> Alps (Summer 2012),  20 people involved (many of them for just a few

I've personally used GTA02 with large external battery and external GPS
antenna. This way you can keep all the equipment inside your backpack
protected from the weather and still get good accuracy.

I used another GTA02 to make audio notes and a cheap and small digital
camera to take photos. As long as all clocks are synchronized you can
combine all the data with your netbook later.