Advance OpenStreetMap surveying with GTA04?

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Sun Mar 18 17:57:13 CET 2012

On 03/18/2012 02:25 PM, Mayeul Kauffmann wrote:
> Le dimanche 18 mars 2012 à 14:34 +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors a écrit :
>
>> I used another GTA02 to make audio notes and a cheap and small digital
>> camera to take photos. As long as all clocks are synchronized you can
>> combine all the data with your netbook later.
> Thanks a lot Timo! I already do this with my Garmin and gpscorrelate
> (GNU/GPL), but without HDOP nor heading.
> Can you save the HDOP [1] with the GTA02?
> Do you have access to heading in the command line (with possibility to
> pipe it)?
>
> Thanks!
> Mayeul
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilution_of_precision_%28GPS%29
Hi Mayeul,

If, on  a GTA02, you use a nmea log  and gpsbabel to translate it to gpx
format, you get:

<trkpt lat="51.987431167" lon="4.337932667">
  <ele>-16.800000</ele>
  <time>2012-03-17T14:01:21Z</time>
  <course>61.230000</course>
  <speed>1.071073</speed>
  <fix>3d</fix>
  <sat>8</sat>
  <hdop>1.580000</hdop>
  <vdop>2.140000</vdop>
  <pdop>2.660000</pdop>
</trkpt>

Would that give you all the info you need? HDOP and course  are present.
( the above is just one sample of a track i walked yesterday, with a GTA02 )