debian + phoneui-apps

Rico Rommel rico at bierrommel.de
Tue Mar 27 13:41:32 CEST 2012

Am Dienstag, 27. März 2012, 05:09:19 schrieb Brendon Schumacker:
> 2012.03.26 14:32:18.787663 [phonefsod]  WARNING: failed to connect to
> /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: Error calling StartServiceByName for
> org.freesmartphone.ogsmd:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.TimedOut: Activation of
> org.freesmartphone.ogsmd timed out
>
> 2012.03.26 14:32:28.378662 [phonefsod]  CRITICAL: !!! ouch, phoneuid
> is gone - telephony won't work anymore !!!
>
> Then in Ubuntu I did a apt-cache search fso and installed everything
> that looked relevant there.  Only one of them updated.  And with ps
> aux it seems that everything is running as it should be, so the
> problem seems beyond me at this point.

Please make sure, fso-gta02 and fso-frameworkd-gta02, phoenuid and e17 are
installed.
Theydepend on all needed packages and install them.

If the PIN-Dialog doesn't show up, insert something like

dbus-send --system --dest=org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
org.freesmartphone.Usage.RequestResource string:GSM

into ~/.xsession

Basically, there is no additional configuration needed.

> /usr/share/phoneuid/phoneui-wrapper.sh &

If everything is correct, this isn't needed.

> You can swap out xfce with enlightenment and it still works which is
> great.  Although I couldn't close Contacts after opening it because
> there was no close button, that might also be a SHR specific trait.

If you are using illume1 tap on top-panel and then on X to close or load
module illume-softkey.

On illume2 you can install shr-e-gadgets (It's not in Debian yet)
git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-fso/shr-e-gadgets.git

and then

echo "shr_elm_softkey.desktop" >> ~/.e/e/applications/startup/.order

If you tap on top-panel, you should be able to switch and close windows.

Rico