debian + phoneui-apps

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:19:08 CEST 2012

2012/3/26 Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com>:
> However, after that I get an Enlightenment complaint about not being
> able to create a new window for each of the same apps that complained
> about the D-Bus interface earlier.

phoneui-apps apparently is missing some dependency, filed bug #665951.
After installing the e17 meta package, the apps start.

Furthermore, phone calls work! I removed the phoneui-wrapper.sh from
.xsession again, and switched from matchbox-window-manager to
enlightenment_start. Starting phoneui-dialer from command line works
and phone calls can be made and received.

Sound works from FreeRunner to the other phone, but I don't seem to
get audio from FreeRunner with the default settings (nor the speaker
switch works).

Enlightenment seems to also have kept to its tiny font size (on
Debian, hard-coded away in SHR distribution and elsewhr), which should
be probably fixed in either Debian's E17 packages or in configuration
otherwise. The phoneui apps (or any apps) also aren't visible in the
home screen.

Anyway, it's nice to see the new generation FSO2 in action on Debian.

-Timo