Openmoko servers

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun May 6 21:30:23 CEST 2012

Hi Joerg, Ed,
I think you are both completely right.

I think this is again an example (and explanation) why Openmoko.org (not .com)
IMHO needs a (new) formal organization. And as Ed suggests. some people are
simply assuming that it exists and jOERG is some executing member of it.

If we had such an organization, there would really be someone to blame for.
Or to demand something from the organization, if you are member.

So those people who have been elected (and accepted), accept that the
community can demand that e.g. servers are kept in operation. And, if they
do well, it is also very clear whom to compliment.

I.e. it is not at all your fault or even responsibility. Nobody (except you) has
elected you for that tasks. So you are completely right in rejecting such requests.

I think, this community has to decide which sort of organization they would
like to operate the infrastructure and decide who gets the hat to keep it running.

The proposal/offer from Martix (Openmobility.org) is definitively to be considered
(we probably need more details).

So jOERG, if you come to LinuxTag as we have discussed, let's have a beer and
discuss how to form some organization for Openmoko.org (and fix your GTA04).

BR,
Nikolaus (I was out of town for some days and have to work through the e-mail backlog)