[Gta04-owner] [ANN] GTA04 Keyboard prototype

ed at kapitein.org ed at kapitein.org
Mon May 7 16:44:28 CEST 2012

On Monday 07 May 2012 15:44:00 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Monday, May 07, 2012 a las 03:31:11PM +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
escribió:
> > The idea is that the keyboard is integrated in the back battery cover. And
> > if you remove it, both parts (main body and battery cover/keyboard) are
> > connected through a small ribbon cable.
> >
> > I.e. you remove the keyboard, fold it by 180 degrees so that the keys show
> > in the same direction as the display and you can us the display in
> > landscape format.
> >
> > If that works out with the snap mechanism of the battery cover and/or if
> > it needs some physical connection between both parts has to be worked
> > out.
>
> I don't want to be negative (just reaistic), the list of disadvantages
> of such a solution (keyboard in battery cover, or with hinge) is:
>
> 1) works only on desktop or table surface, i.e. not while walking or
> standing;
>
> 2) open the battery cover many more times (as for hard reset with battery
> lift) will break the case soon;
>
> 3) you are forced to use landscape applications, while most of the apps
> today are in portait;
>
> 4) perhaps your battery will fall out (if not secured with something) in
> a lot of cases, esp. if it is the most important situation :-)
>
> to be continued...
>
> 	matthias

If thinking out loud is allowed...
If you move the battery  inside the keyboard part and make the hinge a bit
bigger, you could use it as a screen protector if you fold the keyboard in
front of the display.
And if you fold it the otherway, it could fit in what currently is the battery
area.
Just my 2 cents..

Kind regards,
Ed