[Gta04-owner] [ANN] GTA04 Keyboard prototype

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon May 7 20:29:06 CEST 2012

On Monday 07 May 2012 13:31:11 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> The idea is that the keyboard is integrated in the back battery cover. And
> if you remove it, both parts (main body and battery cover/keyboard) are
> connected through a small ribbon cable.
>
> I.e. you remove the keyboard, fold it by 180 degrees so that the keys show
> in the same direction as the display and you can us the display in
> landscape format.
>
> If that works out with the snap mechanism of the battery cover and/or if it
> needs some physical connection between both parts has to be worked out.
>
> A complete alternative could be a battery cover with a hinge. Like this
> sketch:
>
> 	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/images/Scan-120507143506.jpeg
>
> Your phantasy and creativity is asked for...

Maybe we can just copy motorola backflip - check videos on youtube, it has big
keyboard on the backside - it looks very comfortable and mechanically one of
the easier solutions.

Btw i have now fullscreen sw keyboard in QtMoko. It has big keys and is very
comfortable to use. I will post video later...

Regards

Radek