QtMoko's new keyboard

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri May 11 13:28:41 CEST 2012

On Friday, May 11, 2012 01:06:02 PM Patryk Benderz wrote:

> [cut]
>
> > https://wiki.maliit.org/Main_Page
>
> Radek, I really appreciate your great work but Mallit keyboard on
> screenshot above looks much better. I know FR's screen is very small, so
> it might appear not very useful, but maybe it could be implemented?

I can implement custom layouts to it, but i'd rather start with something
simple and then add features - even keyboard without custom layouts is a lot
of work... I will either do qtmoko v45 without layouts and then v46 with
layouts or v45 with layouts - if it does not take too much time.

As for the mallit keyboard and all other keyboards - i dont think anything but
fullscreen keyboard can comfortably work on FR/GTA04. The display is small and
the bevel around it makes it even smaller - you cant use fingers to touch near
edges. These keyboards are designed for smarthones with 4 inch display and no
bevel.

Btw i am very happy with the current fullscreen keyboard - i think it beats
all onscreen keyboards i have ever used.

Regards

Radek