server update

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed May 23 16:23:30 CEST 2012

Hi Patryk,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 09:58:51AM +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:

> > What we have in mind will definitely be an entity that most people will
> > have heard of, not some obscure small group...
> Like ours? ;)

I was not referring to anyone specifically.  The fact is that the
current owners of the name rights will want to know for sure that it is
used non-profit.  After all, we don't want to see some other company
selling Openmoko dishwashers next year, or to create
yet-another-reinvented Android home screen and sell that as Openmoko.

Once you transferred the trademark, the new recipient can do whatever he
pleasee with it, so there should be some trust in an
established/recognized/well-known entity that this won't happen.

Regards,
	Harald