QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri Nov 2 23:40:21 CET 2012

"dmatthews.org" <mail at dmatthews.org> writes:

> I gave this another go after reading Robin's report of success and
> (embarassed face) I managed to send an email using the fastmail smtp service

That's good news.

> No idea what was different; all I can think is I hit on some
> permutation I didn't try before - I am using different encryption type
> and authentication methods.
>
> Apologies to Neil if I diverted much energy away from something more
> productive, I'm trying to find a palatable hat (to eat)

Hey, not at all!  I think I learned some useful stuff, about both
encryption and QtMoko, while looking into things.

Also, amusingly, my own email has now _stopped_ working for no apparent
reason.  Apparently there's a fundamental physical law of conservation
of non-working email :-).

(I'm hoping it'll come back to life again as soon as I can have a
successful QtMoko build again...)

      Neil