Help needed with GSM Geolocation without GPS

robin spielraum at web.de
Tue Nov 6 07:22:31 CET 2012

Dear Daniele,

thanks for your reply. I was thinking to implement the whole in python.
Currently it is all done by hand:
I checked with openbmap what cellid I should be connected to and then
downloaded the opencellid cells.txt.gz file to check if the coordinates
fit and they do. so having the correct numbers for the cell one can easily
get the tower position from the text file in gps-offline mode.
the problem is that the numbers for location on the qtmoko home screen do
not fit with any numbers of a tower near by. So I was wondering either what
does numbers are and how to get the correct ones. Qtmoko currently does not
run on fso, so I can't use fso commands to get the values as you do it or
cellhunter does it. I am still struggling here.

best regards

robin