Missing icons in current QtMoko git build

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Nov 7 18:02:28 CET 2012

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/871fe7f2bd712311ff88f2ef9042eb3112d65b1a:
> > +  * Currently there is bug when generating qtopia_db.sqlite. As a result
> > you +  will se no icons in the application menu. As a workaround copy
> > that db from +  some older release:
> > +
> > +cp good_old_release/opt/qtmoko/qtopia_db.sqlite
> > /opt/qtmoko/qtopia_db.sqlite
>
> Hooray, thanks, I have all my icons back again now.
>
> Can I help with fixing that bug?

It seems that it's again QFileInfo problem. They have refactored it during
4.7->4.8 cycle and that broke our resource system. It's clearly a regression
in their public API, but all my bugs (even with patch) are ignored in Qt bug
tracker.

I tried simple fix for QFileInfo::suffix() which works for resources, but does
not work for regular files now.

Attached is attempt to make it working for both cases, but it's untested. I
guess i will have to go through qfileinfo.cpp commits and check if this fix is
really correct.

Regards

Radek