Help needed with GSM Geolocation without GPS

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Wed Nov 7 19:16:09 CET 2012

On 11/06/2012 04:27 PM, robin wrote:
> 2) python script + sqlite db
>     compare cells to cells in database select the relevant ones and their position
>     apply some function to estimate the real position

You may have a look here:
http://myposition.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=myposition/location-service-python;a=blob;f=src/obm_location_dbus.py;h=bb35112d2a857251b2edfc4ffa43f21a883ecca0;hb=b8e31b3b7fd73340a638b8e57ec885d0ef108ed7

I had started working on implementing a DBus service based on offline
file of openBmap in order to provide location service on the phone.

It is extremely basic, and IIRC even not working, but maybe that code
may be of some use to you.

--
Onen