[QtMoko] Mokofaen red signal strength icon

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Mon Nov 12 19:55:43 CET 2012

I've been wondering for some time what it means when the GSM signal
strength icon goes red, and whether/how that's different from the icon
disappearing altogether, and whether/how either of those are related to
modem crashes.

After consulting the code, I see that:

- disappeared completely => 0% signal strength
- all red => 1-20% signal strength
- 1 blue bar => 21-40%
- 2 blue bars => 41-60%
- 3 blue bars => 61-80%
- 4 blue bars => 81-100%

Now that I know that, I suggest that the all red icon is quite
unintuitive, and that it would be more intuitive if changed to the same
grey colour as used in the blue bar icons.

Thanks,
        Neil