QtMoko backup/restore

dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Sun Nov 18 13:28:01 CET 2012

Hi Neil

> 1. it wants to mount and unmount the device (/media/card) where backups
> are stored, whereas QtMoko wants /media/card mounted the whole time

That's not the case. You can configure it to backup to a directory on the same device as the one you're backing up.

> 2. it wants to use symbolic links on the backup device, which FAT
> doesn't support.

You could make a ext2/3 partition on the card and have that mounted on /media/card with a backup directory.

Although I'm not wanting to do this myself, I've no doubt it's doable. I'm a long term backup2l user - I fell in love with it after reimaging a foobarred server and having everything back up exactly as it was within an hour.

IMO backup2l is an unsung gem

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org