Transcoding movies for QMPlayer

Gilles Filippini pini at debian.org
Mon Oct 1 22:00:57 CEST 2012

Neil Jerram a écrit , Le 01/10/2012 19:58:
> Gilles Filippini <pini at debian.org> writes:
>> Movies transcoded with mencoder often lose A/V sync. For one of my video
>> files there is a 5 secondes drift after only 1 minute of playing.
>
>>From when I used to do that for my Nokia 770, I remember that it used to
> work better when I told mencoder to create an index.  I don't remember
> exactly but I guess that would have been the -forceidx option.

Unfortunately this option doesn't help regarding the drift.

I'll have to go with VLC transcoding for now, while it isn't a panacea
either. I've had to downgrade the transcoded video size to 240*320 for
the movie to play fluently on the GTA04:

$ vlc <input file> --transform-type 270 \
  --sout '#transcode{width=320, vcodec=h264, \
  vfilter=transform:canvas{width=240,height=320}, acodec=mp4a, \
  channels=2, audio-sync}:standard{access=file, mux=mp4, \
  dst=<output file>}' -I dummy vlc://quit

Thanks,

_g.