QTMoko website

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 2 13:25:31 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:08:02 AM matthschulz at arcor.de wrote:

> Hi Radek,
>
> OK, i installed it with  apt-get install qtmoko-navit. Now I'm about to
> assign maps, onscreen buttons and so on, I will figure it out. Whta I didd
> not find until now is how navit turns the GPS on. Neither I found how
> Nerongps turns it on - here it works, but I dont know how.

Navit currently does not support QtMoko's GPS framework. You will have to edit
navit configuration file and give it /dev/ttyO1 as serial NMEA port and you will
also need to do "rfkill unblock gps" to power on GPS antenna. Or on Freerunner
the port will be something like /dev/ttySAC1.

It's one of things i have in plan to add QtMoko's GPS framework support to
navit. No idea when i have time to do it, but it's quite big priority for me.

> BTW,
> http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/apps/qtmoko-qtopiagps.html
> gives an error message about the package not present.

Yup, the app needs someone to adapt it make it working.

Regards

Radek