QTMoko website

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 2 20:01:03 CEST 2012

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:25:31, Radek Polak wrote:

>> Navit currently does not support QtMoko's GPS framework. You will have to edit
>> navit configuration file and give it /dev/ttyO1 as serial NMEA port and you will
>> also need to do "rfkill unblock gps" to power on GPS antenna. Or on Freerunner
>> the port will be something like /dev/ttySAC1.
>>
>> It's one of things i have in plan to add QtMoko's GPS framework support to
>> navit. No idea when i have time to do it, but it's quite big priority for me.

Alternatively, one could install gpsd and gpsd-clients and run Navit
using gpsd (which I think is its default).  You'd still have to do the
"rfkill unblock gps" somehow, because the gpsd in Debian Squeeze doesn't
have a hook for doing that.  (The gpsd in Wheezy does.)

The only problem then is that QtMoko apps wouldn't be able to access the
GPS at the same time, but for that...

> I'm not sure if it's relevant for Navit but I've integrated gpsd usage
> in QtMoko.  I'll write more about that this evening.

Attached is a patch to make QtMoko's GPS framework (Q*Whereabouts) use
gpsd instead of reading directly from /dev/ttyO1.  The benefit of that
is that multiple clients, both Qt and non-Qt, can all use GPS at the
same time.