Bye SHR, hello QTMoko (and battery life)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Oct 5 10:38:06 CEST 2012

On Friday, October 05, 2012 09:59:55 AM Adrien Dorsaz wrote:

> I've just seen yesterday that this option was unchecked on my GTA02 and
> now suspend current is between 10..12mA too instead of 25mA.

Great, this looks good now. Btw it's unchecked by default because not all HW
have deep sleep fixed and on non fixed it would make problems.

> As I've seen on openmoko.org deep sleep seems related to the #1024 (so
> the gsm suspend). Does this option only suspend the GSM or also
> wifi/bluetooth (I don't know if it's the case with a simple suspend) ?

Wifi and bluetooth are IIRC turned off before going to sleep. Wifi has wake-on-
wlan function but this has to be explicitly turned on.

> Does this bug and fix are also existing on GTA04 or that was solved by
> Golden Delicious ?

GTA04 has different modem. IIRC i havent seen power consumption numbers for the
modem. I havent found any AT commands for deep sleep - it's quite likely that
the modem does this automatically.

Regards

Radek