[QtMoko] main menu screen proposal

francesco.devita at mailoo.org francesco.devita at mailoo.org
Tue Oct 9 22:51:17 CEST 2012

Hi all!

I propose some changes for the main menu screen, maybe to be included in a
future release of QtMoko.

The main menu screen, as for QtMoko v48, is this one [1].
A new set of icon could be something like this one [2], but as you can
see the
icons are in 90x90 pixels [3], it is a small space.
But if we can use a bigger space, the result should be much clear and
finger friendly. Here [4] a mockup using 140x110 pixels icons.
But the 90x90 icon size does not seems to be set in some theme files, so
I don't
know how to change it.

Also, it would be better IMHO:
- to eliminate those white grid lines around the icons;
- to define a proper directory only for those icons, so in the other
   screens and menus QtMoko uses other and smaller icons (for example,
   if you enter in the devtools screen, the icon used there is the same
   used in the menu screen, instead we should see a different one);
- to define in a proper file the texts beneath the icons instead of
   drawing them in the icons themselves, it's useful if we want
   translations;

What do you think?

Best Regards
Joif