[QtMoko] main menu screen proposal

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Oct 10 13:06:43 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:51:17 PM francesco.devita at mailoo.org wrote:

> But the 90x90 icon size does not seems to be set in some theme files, so
> I don't
> know how to change it.

Hmm it's probably coded in C++ then.

> - to define a proper directory only for those icons, so in the other
>    screens and menus QtMoko uses other and smaller icons (for example,
>    if you enter in the devtools screen, the icon used there is the same
>    used in the menu screen, instead we should see a different one);

Btw i have studied a bit how icons work in QtMoko. It seems that best format
is .pic This is special Qt format of scalable image. This format seems to have
best performance - in fact it's set of serialized qpainter operations. The
format is scalable and the files should be quite small. .pic can be generated
from SVG with svgtopicture utility (or something like that).

> - to define in a proper file the texts beneath the icons instead of
>    drawing them in the icons themselves, it's useful if we want
>    translations;

That would be very useful.

> What do you think?

I like it very much. But it looks like it will need some coding. It seems i am
quite overhelmed with Qt 4.8.3 upgrade, problems with sound and other stuff,
but i hope i can get to it. I love the mokofaen theme and i will be glad if i
could help improving it even more.

Regards

Radek