QTMoko keyboard numpad

Peter Viskup skupko.sk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:28:31 CEST 2012

On 10/16/2012 10:42 AM, Radek Polak wrote:
> Exactly. In inkscape select the key and then go to Edit->Xml editor. Here
> change the id e.g. from g3109->key_33_33. You can use qwery.svg as reference
> for the key names.
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

Hi Radek,
thanks for the information. I just discovered that during the
ungrouping/grouping of key object inkscape just change the ID.
All these issues were corrected. I left my original numeric keyboard
layout - anybody is able to rearrange it as they wish.
I just changed the 'change keyboard' key to general key "abcABC123" used
in all keyboards.
All attached keyboards were tested and working properly.

Here are some of the rules for keyboard design:
   - keyboard size 300x330px
   - always check the ID if you copy objects from one SVG keyboard to
other - if there is some object with same ID as you are just copying
already, the inkscape will change the ID of copied object and it will
not be functional of course
   - ungrouping/grouping text and keys (e.g. for font size change)
changes the ID, it's enough to change ID after final grouping of the key
and text
   - keyboards are displayed in alphabetical order based on the filename
stored in /opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkbd

It's great to see how simple the change of the keyboard layout could be.
Enjoy!

--
Peter Viskup