Some questions about the freerunne

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 23:26:20 CEST 2012

On Saturday 20 October 2012 20:18:29 Michaël Parchet wrote:
> Le 17 oct. 2012 à 22:38, Boudewijn <wankelwankel at yahoo.com> a écrit :
> > That's how development of GTA04 started: adding 3g to something like
> > GTA02/Freerunner, but with stronger hardware (starting with Beagleboard).
>
> Ok,  it seem  that  need to buy a gta04 to enable 3g for phone but it seems
> that this maser board is currently not available on Golden delicious site
> isn't it ?
>
> I thought that since this phone was free, it always evolve and I always
> find the pieces therefore no planned obsolescence but strangely, I can't
> fond the plain of this phone. Why ?

It is free/libre indeed. It actually keeps evolving, where possible. Newer
models for example, have 1GHz processor instead of 800MHz. Not out of planned
obsolescence, but because of availability without breaking compatibility with
the design.
What do you mean with the "plain" of the phone? Do you mean, the
plan/blueprint, for "compiling from source", so to speak? Schematics are in
the back of the manual [1], page 89 and further. I did not quickly find a link
to the gerbil files (or a link to what those files actually are called; the
files that got the actual routing of wires in all the layers of the board).

Best regards,

Boudewijn

[1] http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-
main/downloads/get/GTA04A4-3_System_Manual_Complete.pdf