[Gta04-owner] No gta-04 available

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 23:39:44 CEST 2012

On Monday 22 October 2012 19:09:41 Ed Kapitein wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> If i read the page right, the price is *between* 10 an 1000 dollar a piece.
> I hope they sell it to you for 10 USD !

I don't even get a page any longer ;-) But a search for LCD module turns up
quite a few, ranging from 320x240 to 17" on the first page. Also with minimum
orders as low as 2 pieces, and others with prices as low as $2 (for a not
mentioned amount). There's one that sends low-res displays for shipping costs
for testing, though their warranty terms made me smile [1]:

 Warranty: Usually, product warrantees last 12 months if normally used

When looking around, what should we look for? The topoly screen got a bit of a
special connector, I understood. Would dual-screen be an option? Or is that a
bit 20th century? We could up the ante, and go for 3d (3display, that is).

To find additional markets: is anyone on the list "into" cars? Did you use
OBD2 or some kind of interface? Would it be nice to have a phone or tablet
that reads out real-time engine info? My rationale was: car extra's seem
usually higher priced than comparable non-car gadgets (but I'm not so much
into cars, so I'm not really in touch with reality there...)

Best regards,

Boudewijn

[1] http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/518480309/4_inch_3_3v_tft_lcd.html