[Gta04-owner] Experimental QtMoko/GTA04 build for armhf

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Oct 24 00:26:33 CEST 2012

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini at free.fr> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Neil Jerram a écrit , Le 05/10/2012 19:36:
>>> Could you also outline how to build QtMoko for armhf?  Presumably another toolchain is needed.
>>
>> Not sure about which method Radek uses, but there are some directions in
>> debian/README.source to build with pdebuild-cross.
>
> Thanks, I'll try that.

I've followed the instructions in debian/README.source.  There were a
couple of things I had to infer - possibly wrongly - and the last step
in the recommended workflow doesn't get very far at all for me - so I'd
appreciate if you could review the following.

First, I guessed that all the example workflow steps should be run in
the root of the QtMoko tree.  Is that right?

Second, I found that the pdebuild-cross-create step created an armel
chroot.  I then copied debian/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross.rc to
/etc/pdebuild-cross/ and debian/pdebuild-cross/multistrap-* to
/etc/multistrap/ and reran the pdebuild-cross-create step, and it looked
better:

  Multistrap system installed successfully in /var/lib/pdebuild-cross/build/.

  Compressing multistrap system in '/var/lib/pdebuild-cross/build/' to a tarball called: 'pdebuild-cross-armhf-wheezy-4.7.tar.gz'.

  Removing build directory: '/var/lib/pdebuild-cross/build/'

  Multistrap system packaged successfully as '/var/lib/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross-armhf-wheezy-4.7.tar.gz'.

Was installing those configs the right thing to do?

Next the fix-pdebuild-cross step, which looked fine apart from these
warnings:

  W: /root/.pbuilderrc does not exist
  dpkg-architecture: warning: specified GNU system type arm-linux-gnueabihf does not match gcc system type i486-linux-gnu, try setting a correct CC environment variable

Do those indicate that I missed something?

Next the QtMoko build step as per README.source:

  neil at neil-laptop:~/qtv46/qtmoko$ CROSSARCH=armhf CROSSVERS=4.7 DIST=sid QTMOKO_DEVICES=gta04 pdebuild-cross
  Need to create a new pbuilder crossbuilding chroot first.
  Use pdebuild-cross-create to create one.

I guessed that the 'sid' here might be a typo, and so tried 'wheezy'
instead, but it still didn't get very far:

  neil at neil-laptop:~/qtv46/qtmoko$ CROSSARCH=armhf CROSSVERS=4.7 DIST=wheezy QTMOKO_DEVICES=gta04 pdebuild-cross
  W: /home/neil/.pbuilderrc does not exist
  dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: libts-dev libspeexdsp-dev quilt
  W: Unmet build-dependency in source
  dpkg-buildpackage: source package qtmoko
  dpkg-buildpackage: source version 48-1
  dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>
  dpkg-architecture: warning: specified GNU system type arm-linux-gnueabihf does not match gcc system type i486-linux-gnu, try setting a correct CC environment variable
   dpkg-source --before-build qtmoko
   fakeroot debian/rules clean
  cp debian/control-src debian/control
  for device in gta04; do \
  		cat debian/control-$device >> debian/control; \
  	done
  dh clean
     dh_testdir
     debian/rules override_dh_auto_clean
  make[1]: Entering directory `/home/neil/qtv46/qtmoko'
  # If needed, revert QT_VERSION specific patches
  if [ "$(basename "$(readlink -f debian/patches/series)")" != "series-main" ]; then \
  		if quilt app; then \
  			quilt pop -a; \
  		fi; \
  		ln -fs series-main debian/patches/series; \
  	fi
  for device in gta04; do \
  		[ ! -f devices/$device/mkspecs/qws/linux-native-g++/qmake.conf.orig ] || mv devices/$device/mkspecs/qws/linux-native-g++/qmake.conf.orig devices/$device/mkspecs/qws/linux-native-g++/qmake.conf; \
  		rm -fr ../build-$device; \
  	done
  rm -f sdk/LICENSE.QtopiaGPL
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/neil/qtv46/qtmoko'
     dh_clean
   dpkg-source -b qtmoko
  dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no upstream tarball found at ../qtmoko_48.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
  dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b qtmoko gave error exit status 255

Do you know what is going wrong here?  I can provide the complete
transcript if it's needed.

Many thanks,
        Neil