QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 22:53:56 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 24 October 2012 14:21:23 David Matthews wrote:
> >It would be good to have some more data points.  Can anyone else report
> >success/failure with QtMoko v48 email, on
> >
> >- Freerunner
> >- GTA04 on 2G-only  (the default)
> >- GTA04 on 3G       (requires patching to change "AT_OPSYS=0,2"
>
> Yes :-) I'd particularly like to hear if other neo users have found the
> same as me.
I was also wondering, but hadn't found the mail application till now. Thanks
to you two persevering, I got mail on my phone now. Thanks :-)

Setting up the account was straightforward thanks to all fields having labels
that say clear enough what they mean. I first started the initial "get folder
structure" before realizing I had no connection whatsoever. I canceled that,
connected some-G network and started initial download. It seems to work
immediately: after a couple of seconds the directory structure was copied, and
the first headers came in. After a couple of minutes it is at some 800 message
headers.

I actually have no idea which generation of network I'm using at the moment.
The network-cell-status got a GSM- and a UMTS-cell code. Energy usage is at
switching between 25mA and 96-to-104mA.

Is the location of the config file mentioned in the thread? I searched the
file system, found some configs that got "mail" in it, but nothing that
resembles an account configuration. Or are those settings in some database
file?

I tested with an xs4all.nl-account, imap on port 993, with SSL. I'll give
Yahoo a try later, so we can exchange settings for a service that's available
to all of us (Yahoo Asia includes IMAP, as opposed to "default" Yahoo, in case
you're about to try).

Time allowing I'll install QtMoko 48 on my Freerunner to give that a run as
well.

Best regards,

Boudewijn