QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 23:23:58 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 24 October 2012 23:07:37 Neil Jerram wrote:
> Boudewijn <wankelwankel at yahoo.com> writes:

> > I actually have no idea which generation of network I'm using at the
> > moment. The network-cell-status got a GSM- and a UMTS-cell code. Energy
> > usage is at switching between 25mA and 96-to-104mA.
Sorry any confusion: I thought those values to be too low for any charging
taking place (as charging via USB often stops in my case). I thought it really
low for an active connection as well, but I only found out after connecting it
to a wall charger that energy usage was arount 500mA.

> It sounds like the GSM/UMTS difference is a red herring anyway, but if
> you're on 2G (GSM) you'll have a "G" at the left hand side of your title
> bar, whereas with 3G (UMTS) you'll have a "3".
Too bad... Never saw a 3 there :-(
I really start doubting my objectivity now: I thought to have a much faster
internetexperience :-P

> > Is the location of the config file mentioned in the thread? I searched
> > the file system, found some configs that got "mail" in it, but nothing
> > that resembles an account configuration. Or are those settings in some
> > database file?
>
> It's at /home/root/Settings/Trolltech/qtopiamail.conf
Ah, thanks:

[account_5]
accountname=k at xs
autoDownload=true