Anyone look at Always Innovating Super-Jumbo as basis for Android under SHR?

Jason Kridner jkridner at beagleboard.org
Thu Oct 25 18:57:03 CEST 2012

I've seen there has been some discussion on using Android on
Freerunner or Replicant on GTA04 phones [1]. There has even been some
success at running Android under QtMoko or SHR using chroot, but it
seems no one has looked at integrating it within the SHR build system.
I'm wondering if I'm wrong, because I think that the Always Innovating
Super-Jumbo release for BeagleBoard-xM [2] would make a good enough
example that could be reverse engineered and included within the SHR
builds. I'd really like to have my primary interface be SHR, but I
still want to be able to run Android applications.

I continue to evaluate putting an actual build of Android under
meta-android, but I think someone else would know much better how to
do this and it is pretty far down my priority list. Anyway, I'm
putting it out there that I'm looking into the challenge.

[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td7561986
[2] http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/wiki/index.php/Beagleboard