[Gta04-owner] No gta-04 available

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Oct 26 22:08:52 CEST 2012

On Friday, October 26, 2012 09:00:52 PM Onen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a though crossed my mind. Would that make sense, to create the inner
> part of the phone, but compatible with an existing case. For example,
> let's say you make a phone compatible with case and screen of an iphone
> 1, or 2, or any other phone which had great success. This could provide
> a lot of spare parts for little cost.
>
> Does that make any sense?

If you can buy the case as separate part for reasonable price then it could.
But i dont think iPhone case can be bought separately. And you have to take
into account how fast are all these devices obsolete.

Btw i have talked with guy who designed aluminium CNC made case for
Freerunner/GTA04. His main problem (and i hit the problem too with wooden
case) is that the PCB shape and buttons on it are quite complicated. If it was
flat rectangle it would be much easier. Also some parts need quite high
precision - like the earpiece or gsm antenna - i am still surprised that it
still works in my printed case...

Regards

Radek