QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Sep 18 01:38:14 CEST 2012

"dmatthews.org" <mail at dmatthews.org> writes:

> I found a single area with (what appears to me to be) regressions -
> email I have a copy of a known good qtopiamail.conf which I just put
> into place after a slapdash account creation. I can retrieve the
> folder list, but the "Fetch all mail" option only sporadically appears
> so the imap inbox is not really usable. I never managed to send mail,
> getting socket errors everytime.

For me, on GTA04, email is working almost perfectly; I'm also using
IMAP.

For sending, can you ping your SMTP server from the Freerunner?

For "Get all mail", note that this is visible only on the Email page,
not on the parent page for all messages (including SMS), or on the more
specific pages for each email account.

When I did a "Get all mail", with several thousand messages to download,
it did take around a minute (I think) before the application even
started showing a progress bar; and it took a few hours to complete that
initial download.  On the Freerunner, with 2G instead of 3G, I imagine
those operations would probably take even longer.

If you're sure you have IP-level connectivity to your IMAP and SMTP
servers, and still things aren't working, perhaps you could use tcpdump
to capture the IMAP and SMTP exchanges, then look at that on another
computer with Wireshark?

Regards,
        Neil