QtMoko v48

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 18 12:48:30 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:33:46 PM robin wrote:

> thanks as always for the work!
>
> I have one issue with the new alarm turning into vibrate only after 60
> secs:
>
> If I put an alarm and turn the phone completely oft (GTA02 SD-card version)
> the phone starts nicely to boot at the right time, but now the boot time is
> about 75 secs, so once everything has been initiated the phone starts to
> vibrate for the alarm but there is now place to turn the alarm off.

Interesting - i didnt know that rtc alarm can power on the device. I just
tested the alarm with suspend to ram, which seems to be working perfectly
now...

> in my opinion the alarm should only start once the interface to press
> snooze or cancel the alarm is present, and maybe we give it even two
> seconds of silence before it starts (eg you sit somewhere where everyone
> else is quite, you see the alarm go off but it doesn't ring yet and you
> can still press cancel before the alarm goes off properly).

Sure this would be nice...

> a very very
> advanced version of the alarm could have a box to type in the delay
> seconds for booting until the alarm is actually present which would be
> taken into account so that the alarm would actually ring at the right time
> and not one to two minutes later.

This could be done. Maybe pressing "Power off" could reschedule the RTC a bit.
But this is really advanced, i wonder if other phones could do something like
this...

Btw dont count very much with me on implementing these. I got some other tasks
on my list. I have QtMoko with Qt 4.8.3 working now, but it displays .pic
icons with wrongs sizes - if anyone has idea what could be wrong it would be
welcome.

Regards

Radek