QtMoko / GTA02 Setting time from phone network using NITZ ?

Adam Ward caysho at internode.on.net
Sun Sep 23 05:12:14 CEST 2012

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 09:55:43 PM Neil Jerram wrote:
[snip]

> FWIW, from a quick look at
> devices/neo/src/plugins/phonevendors/neo/vendor_neo.cpp, I see that the
> suspend code includes
>
>     // Turn off timezone notifications.
>     chat("AT+CTZR=0");
>     chat("AT%CTZU=0");
>
> and the resume ("wake") code includes
>
>      // Turn on timezone notifications again.
>     chat( "AT+CTZR=1" );
>     chat( "AT%CTZU=1" );
>
> and that the code for a CTZU response appears to handle both date/time
> and timezone:
>
> void NeoModemService::ctzu( const QString& msg )
> {
>     // Timezone information from the network.  Format is
> "yy/mm/dd,hh:mm:ss+/-tz".
>
> So maybe I was wrong about time and timezone being separate.

I was looking at this code earlier while I was seeking a way to trace what is
happening.  That is when I was trying to figure out the chat command.

See my reply to Timo [1] for some searchings on the specification.

> Also note that
>
> (1) there could still be missing bits of support higher up, for actually
>     doing anything useful with this information
>
> (2) I wonder if it's also necessary to do the "Turn on" actions when the
>     phone first boots up?

This is what I want to trace, but I cannot see how to do it :)
I am not clear on whether this is a QtMoko bug or a GTA02 bug, or a
combination of the two, so I have changed the subject to reflect this.

Do other distributions on the GTA02 have this bug ?

[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2012-September/067506.html