[Shr-Devel] About the future of the freesmartphone.org middleware

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Sep 23 07:58:18 CEST 2012

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:44:54 PM Neil Jerram wrote:

> Ah, thanks, I understand your question now: what version of fsogsmd does
> QtMoko build with, and isn't that now rather out of date?  But I'm
> afraid I don't know the answers.

I was using FSO from git at the time when i was implementing FSO backend. I am
quite sure FSO from wheezy will work unless FSO api changed.

However for now it makes no sence to use any dbus modem middleware as default.
QtMoko's modem library is very stable and works IMO very good. I dont see any
benefits in using FSO or oFono right now. But still if you want to use FSO or
oFono the support is in every QtMoko installation - just change "export
QTOPIA_PHONE=oFono" or "export QTOPIA_PHONE=Fso" in /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env and
QtMoko will use the dbus backend for telephony.

Regards

Radek