QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Sep 23 16:48:59 CEST 2012

"dmatthews.org" <mail at dmatthews.org> writes:

> 3) Finally I attempt unencrypted access to the fastmail server - this is what definitely works in v35 (I tried it just a few days ago):-
>
> Sep 23 13:47:09 neo Qtopia: SMTP :  newConnection
> Sep 23 13:47:09 neo Qtopia: SMTP :  Open SMTP connection
> Sep 23 13:47:09 neo Qtopia: socketError: 0 : "Connection refused"
> Sep 23 13:47:09 neo Qtopia: SMTP :  Closed connection

Regarding (3), I notice that
https://www.fastmail.fm/help/remote_email_access_server_names_and_ports.html
says that the right port number is 465, and here's what happens when I try
to connect to ports 25 and 465:

  neil at neil-laptop:~$ telnet mail.messagingengine.com 25
  Trying 66.111.4.52...
  Trying 66.111.4.51...
  neil at neil-laptop:~$ telnet mail.messagingengine.com 465
  Trying 66.111.4.51...
  Connected to mail.messagingengine.com.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  ^C^C
  Connection closed by foreign host.
  neil at neil-laptop:~$

So perhaps the "Connection refused" you get is caused by QtMoko
incorrectly using port 25?  Did you set port 465 in the account
configuration for sending?

Regards,
        Neil