SIM not ready(solved/closed)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Apr 2 08:41:20 CEST 2013

On Friday, March 29, 2013 02:09:49 PM joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> On Fri 29 March 2013 13:58:17 Sebastian Reinhardt wrote:
>
> > So only one dream is left:
> > - a GTA04 with Qtmoko, incl. usable camera/ photo app
> > - ALU-case with display cover (Nicolaus please discuss it with Radek,
> > ref. my last mail, maybe we should discuss this in public?)
>
> You don't want an ALU case, unless you prefer old style pull-out antenna
> like that one:
> http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/00573/Nokia2110_573233a.jpg Even that
> will not really help for BT and WLAN and NFC and FM-radio and...

I can confirm that in our ALU case [1] radio signals were very poor. Maybe it
would be possible to split the case into separate parts with dielectric
between them and use the parts as antennas. I think iPhone or HTC phones do it
this way. But it has not been tested yet.

Regards

Radek

[1]
https://picasaweb.google.com/114961040002008630266/GTA04AluCase?noredirect=1#