[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Wed Apr 3 12:00:49 CEST 2013

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:59:03 +0200
"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 02.04.2013 um 22:35 schrieb Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli:
>
> > On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:22:39 +0100
> > "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> So we unfortunately have to postpone the production of GTA04A5
> >> boards, until someone manages to create more demand.
> >>
> >> This is a little sad, since we now have solved all technological
> >> problems and could start production anytime (well the longer we
> >> wait the more components will become EOL and have to be
> >> substituted).
> >>
> >> Anyways we will continue to support the existing GTA04A3/A4 by
> >> improving the kernel, boot loader etc.
> >>
> >> If you have ideas how to stimulate demand, please do
> > Yes I've an idea and I'll continue to work on it really soon:
> > Port Replicant to that phone.
> >
> > The current status is that I've a 3.8 kernel booting on it with
> > display, input, wakelocks etc(the android stuff)...
> > So far adb makes the kernel null pointers at shutdown.
> > Also It's highly untested...
>
> Is there some project page? Download link or something.
Since it's not ready yet, there is no official images yet, and the
documentation on the replicant wiki is a bit outdated with reguard to
the GTA04, I prefer to make it usable first.

The repositories for the GTA04 are not even integrated yet in the build
system(people building replicant for the gta04 are expected to git
clone them by hand...).

Note that I will need help from someone having an A4(like paulk for
instance) for doing the Alsa userspace part once the kernel is
complete...

Right now the issue is to permit proper shutdown after using adb...That
is harder than expected because I cannot use kgdb(I've some toolchain
issues with DWARF/debug symbols....)

Denis.