GSM Firmware+Wiki

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 24 19:46:26 CEST 2013

On Wed 24 April 2013 19:33:46 Cristian Gómez wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I never heard of GSM Firmware update until this days that I'm experiencing
> some issues of not being able to make a call with qtmoko.
>
> In my search I found this page [1] and want to upgrade because the version
> of my GSM Firmware was Moko8. I follow the instructions and when I tried to
> boot from the MicroSD I was getting a message like 'could not find kernel
> image!'. I tried about four times to reformat the card and flashing the
> image and it doesn't work
>
> Finally, I copy the uImage.bin from the FAT partition (created by flashing
> image posted in the wiki) to the /bin folder of the ext2 partition. Next
> reboot it works and now I have Moko11 on my GSM Firmware
>
> I just want to share this if it's useful for anyone, also I want to know if
> there's a Wiki Admin here who can update the page with this info in the
> troubleshoting section

I guess you didn't boot from NOR-uBoot, or you have changed your NOR-uBoot (or
the env there). The original procedure as described on all the wiki pages and
inside package README is proven to work for original NOR-uBoot and uSD cards
smaller some magic limit I forgot the exact size of, maybe 1GB.

anyway thanks for reporting, glad it worked for you, enjoy MOKO11! I dunno
about wiki admins, isn't it a wiki and thus should be editable by registered
users at least?
If you have problems with the wiki, contact LaF0rge aka Harald Welte please,
he's running the whole infra now.

cheers
jOERG