Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone (right now)

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Thu Aug 22 23:46:28 CEST 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 23:30 +0200, joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> If this Shuttleguy really been interested in
> building a Edge , he'd simply DO it instead of starting nonsensical
> crowdfunding.
> Don't you see this is a marketing gag, nothing else?

No, I don't.  It was indeed a wonderful marketing campaign for
Canonical's mobile efforts but that doesn't necessarily mean they didn't
want the phone to be made.

We can speculate about why Shuttleworth was not prepared to invest his
own money in the project but that's all it is, speculation.

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }