Building a new totally free phone

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Aug 24 00:10:05 CEST 2013

On Fri 23 August 2013 21:07:14 Michael Spacefalcon wrote:
> > I would be
> > very happy to have a really free modem firmware on my GTA02 in the
> > meantime.
>
> Then maybe you should try talking some sense into Joerg etc - maybe
> they'll listen to you more than they are willing to listen to me.

I wonder how a single brain can produce that much nonsense and be that dull.
You seem a smart guy otherwise, so I really don't grok how you can be so weird
in this single issue.
I told you everybody who been interested - except you - got access to the
sources you're so terribly _not_ wanting (I wonder what now. Do you need them
or not? And if you do, then for what since you already got the full radio
stack which OM never had, and you're not interested in the AT interpreter of
GTA0x modem but rather in any "UI" which obviously OM also never had).
Everybody except you since I don't give access to stuff that's under NDA to a
guy who's calling OM a bunch of rogue idiots and threatening to shoot me. Also
you clearly say you're not asking for me handing that stuff to you (verbatim,
see your prev mail) , you want me to PUBLISH it under my full name and stating
loud that I don't give a flying F about the NDA contracts I'm under, thus
ruining my professional career just to meet your idea of how industry and FOSS
and community and the world at large works or should or ought work.
Grow up, dude! You're biting the hand that feeds you, like a rabid dog. Won't
happen (again, recall glamo?).
You're seriously blaming OM and its employees for not violating the agreements
they had to sign (and believe me, we tried hard to avoid signing any such
agreements, since OM was planned to be as open as feasible), to make the whole
project possible? I honestly wonder what kind of mater is inside your skull.

YOU are not even worth this lengthy answer, and nobody else got the problem
YOU have with OM calypso firmware sources, since everybody else asking kindly
had access to all the stuff since 2011, and nobody found it worth doing much
leaking about it. Since in some regard, the calypso firmware *is* OSS, it's
just not FOSS.
Get that! Wrap your head around it. And stop throwing darts at my picture at
your wall, you honestly need to find a new and better reason for living.

Good bye!
/j

[ps: trying hard to not elaborate on a guy like you talking about morally
correct behaviour, and about the paradox you're exposing there in just 2
sentences]

(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)