Reasons why people could be interested in this community

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Sat Aug 24 13:00:45 CEST 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-24 at 09:56 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > Why are you still a member of this community

I want freedom.  I want a phone that runs 100% free software, including
any firmware for component devices and also including firmware running
on the baseband processor.  I want the same freedom for the hardware.

The openmoko-community and openphoenux-community mailing lists are
places where I expect like-minded people will congregate.

>> and participating in this discussion?

Even though I believe the GTA04 product from Golden Delicious is not
viable, I don't expect it will be the last effort to produce a free
phone.  Indeed, if Golden Delicious release the source files for the
board, the GTA04 design could form a base for the development of the
next effort.  I hope this will happen.

I hope that by participating in the discussion I can convince others to
let go of the GTA04 product and embrace a broader, freer vision of a
community that produces its own phone designs collaboratively.  I
believe this change will enable movement forward, bringing us closer to
viable products and ultimately closer to freedom.

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }