Releasing GTA04 hardware source files (was: community Digest, Vol 353, Issue 3)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Aug 24 20:53:35 CEST 2013

Am 24.08.2013 um 20:42 schrieb Bob Ham:

> On 2013-08-24 18:32, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Am 24.08.2013 um 13:26 schrieb Bob Ham:
>>>
>>> There is a reason for stipulating this.  Having to convert a work into a
>>> format suitable for making modifications represents a barrier.  It's a
>>> barrier to freedom.  It can be abused.
>>
>> I only see the "convenience" aspect.
>
> You haven't addressed my question.  I want to know why you want people to start PCB designs from scratch rather than making use of your work.  Why do you think that "convenience" a bad thing?

Community means that you get something in return for your contribution into the community.

In other words: because convenience has a price tag. Only your mother is giving you convenience for free...

Or shorter: I am not an 100% altruist. Are you? Then, please donate all the money you have and will have to this project.