QtMoko v58 with 2.6.39 kernel and improved power management

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 19 08:21:54 CET 2013

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 04:28:56 PM Dominic Walden wrote:

> Thanks Radek,
>
> I've been using the Freerunner as my primary (in fact only) mobile
> phone for about 2 years now, thanks in no small part to QtMoko.
>
> One question. Is it just me or is the battery capacity monitor not
> updated frequently enough, and not at all during suspend? For example,
> taking the phone out of suspend you have to wait 20-30 seconds before
> it shows you you've lost a "bar" of power.

Hi,
the update interval is now as often as uevents are comming from linux kernel.
You can enable logging->power management and check in log how often it is - i
think it could be those 20s.

> Is there a way of increasing the frequency, and making it work "in the
> background" while the phone is in suspend?

AFAIK the battery charge is updated even when phone is suspended - the chip in
battery does this.

Maybe we could force QtMoko to read it immediately after leaving suspend. The
values should be fresh. I can check if it's easily doable.

> Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Nice to hear that it works for you.

Radek