Use of a FreeRunner

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Sun Dec 22 23:43:28 CET 2013

Ben,

On 2013-12-23 09:26, Ben Wong wrote:
> I'm sure it could; your FreeRunner is a complete computer.
>
> The question is if you have the time (or money to hire someone) to
> write the glue script that will put all the pieces together. Let's
> see, the parts you'll need are:
>
> 1. Check your mail account (fetchmail or python's imaplib)
> 2. Do a regex check to see if it's "important"
> (egrep/python/perl/awk/...)

I can do those bits.

> 3. Convert it to SMS format
>     3a. MIME extract (munpack or python's email package)
>     3b. Optionally remove HTML markup (lynx -dump or Beautiful Soup's
> get_text() function)

and probably those bits - actually now that I think about it - there
would always just be a little bit of text (the messages would always be
coming from a phone message service) with an appended WAV file so it
would have to be MMS rather that SMS . .

> 4. Send it as an SMS messages (dbus to FSO works but may not be "best
> practices")

This is the bit I know nothing about . .

Thanks,

Phil.