QtMoko v58 - best way to upgrade

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Sun Dec 22 23:49:07 CET 2013

I've got v58 working now (thanks to the logging kludge) and have not
had a problem with resuming yet. I did have a lot of reports initially
of people trying to call me and my phone not ringing, but after I
turned off multiplexing in Neocontrol things seem to be better. (I've
never had to turn off multiplexing before, so I'm not sure why that
helped this time.)

Speaking of kernel bugs, I did have a kernel panic when a second call
came in while I was already on the phone. [Fortunately, (thanks to the
nifty design of the Freerunner) I was able to keep talking on the
phone even with a hung kernel!] By the way, call waiting did work in
the previous version of qtmoko, but it had a bug such that I wouldn't
be able to hear the other person until I put them on speaker phone.

—B