GTA02: NavBoard V3 causing GPS interference

Pascal Gosselin pascal at aeroteknic.com
Fri Feb 8 17:10:00 CET 2013

I have found a good reference on how to best handle I2C cabling. It's a
PowerPoint Presentation from Texas Instruments, I made a screenshot of
the relevant image:

http://s7.postimage.org/t9bfk47hn/Screen_Shot_2013_02_08_at_11_00_03_AM.png

As I suspected, only one end of the shield gets grounded, individual
coaxes for SCL and SDA.

Google  I2C cable issues.ppt   to find the original document as the
first hit.

Now I have to source some extremely tiny minature coax, ideally with a
solid core (for easier soldering to the pads on the NavBoard and the
GTA02). Looking for recommendations, ideally something I can order from
Digi-Key, Newark or Mouser in smaller quantities (it's not like a need a
1,000 foot roll!).

It's not clear IF the power supply wires should be shielded.  I think I
will try to see if it makes a difference for the GPS.

-Pascal