Qtmoko v52-armhf : Issue to resume

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Feb 14 13:52:03 CET 2013

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 03:55:55 PM Adrien Dorsaz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've had again this issue this afternoon and I've noticed that dbus
> wasn't running (using "service dbus status").
>
> I don't know how the resume works in QtMoko for qpe service, but I've
> seen in /etc/init.d/qtmoko-gta04 that dbus is already marked in required
> services. Should the dbus requirement checked in the /opt/qtmoko/qpe.sh
> or in /opt/qtmoko/bin/qpe to be sure it's runing at resume ?

Hi,
qpe.sh is only launched during boot - and at that point it does not make much
sense to check dbus. If it is not running QtMoko does not start at all.

But we have /opt/qtmoko/bin/after-resume.sh - this is script (currently
unused), which is executed after resume. So you can easily add check there.

If dbus is for some reason crashing or is stopped then we have to figure out
why. I guess QtMoko cant work much without dbus, since it's used for bluetooth
and maybe other things...

I think we should also be running QtMoko with logging enabled - there can be
interesting message in log then. To enable logging edit /opt/qtmoko/qpe.sh and
add

	logging_start.sh

after . /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env line.

Regards