Debian on Freerunner+SIP

alonivtsan alonivtsan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:31:58 CET 2013

Hello all,

I tried using SIP (Linphone) on Debian without any luck. After removing
echo cancellation in Linphone settings I can hear other side but the
other side cannot hear me.
I think the issue is microphone not recording. I'm using the standard
kernel that is shipped in Debian (2.6.34).
Switching via alsactl to voip handset state file and using arecord does
not work in Debian but works fine in Om2009.
If this is a kernel issue, is there a new kernel which supports
microphone recording (I tried using Om2009 kernel - 2.6.29 - but boot
failed)?

Thanks,

Alon.