Debian on Freerunner+SIP

Aaron Sells aaron.sells.openmoko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:35:44 CET 2013

On 02/18/2013 07:47 AM, David Matthews wrote:

>> I tried using SIP (Linphone) on Debian without any luck. After removing
>> echo cancellation in Linphone settings I can hear other side but the
>
> I'd be interested in any success reports with linphone or any other sip
> client
> on a current freerunner distro
>
> Anyone?

I'm using Linphone on QtMoko with QX.  I used this [1] as a guide to get
things working.  The author has some broken links to his configuration
files, though.  Here are the corrected links:

http://pub.acaia.ca/profiles.conf
http://pub.acaia.ca/favourites.conf
http://pub.acaia.ca/.linphonerc

I did find that it is necessary to restore the gsmhandset state scenario
after exiting Linphone.  Otherwise the phone hangs when suspending.

> alsactl -f /opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa-scenarios/gsmhandset.state restore

I've been making calls over an OpenVPN tunnel on WiFi back to my
asterisk server.  The call quality is very nice with only an occasional
audio stutter.  It is definitely usable.

Regards,
Aaron

[1]
http://acaia.ca/~tiago/posts/VoIP_in_Neo_Freerunner_with_Qtmoko_and_Linphone/