GTA02 Screen dissasembly issues..

Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος aprekates at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 00:15:05 CEST 2013

Thanks for the feedback.

Sth else that troubles me is that in the GTA04 mentions
a double side tape that holds the PCB and the LCD.

In the GTA04 case the GTA04 PCS has new ones (as i understand), but in the
case of the LCD replacement that i'm trying to do those tapes were weared off
during the removal of the broken old LCD module.

What should i do?  Can i buy one  double-tape from a local store and use it ?

> > Trying to remove my broken LCD from GTA02 i run into the following issue:
> >
> > In the manual of GTA04 in  page21 it mentions 4 conducting silver pads
only
> > glued to the PCB .
> >
> > Unfortunately i think (see attachment photo)  i damaged those pads.
> > Could please  someona assest the damage. Can i proceed to connect the LCD
> > replacement or i'll have problems?
> >
> > What's the use of those pads?
> >

> > Also in one corner a part of a black coating has gone.:-)  Is that bad?
> >
> I think, the pads and the black coating are only glued on the PCB to safe
the back of the screen and to safe the PCB.

So the tape holds the LCD steady and the silver pads smoothe the shocks?
i dont understand why in the manual they'r called (conducting) ..

> So I think the new screen will work perfectly, because they are are only
glued on the board and no soldered points on the pads.